This week with my family in town and my husband home, I have had more adult conversations than the previous two months combined. I have realized through these chats, my life is a bit out of touch with real life. For Funny Fridays I want to highlight some tell-tale signs that you might be a stay-at-home-mom if…
- You realize that discussing anything that was not covered on a PBS or Disney kids show is nearly impossible. Sadly, I had to look up the timeline of events in Ferguson, Missouri to understand why riots were being held this week. A fair amount of normal adult conversation goes completely over my head because the most current event in my life is that orangutans were covered on Wild Kratts today.
- You understand the ear piercing sound of silence. Yesterday, in a house full of family, I could quickly hear the lack of sound coming from my children ringing loud and clear. As my mother-in-law was declaring there is really nothing they could be getting into, my mind was registering that it’s been a few too many years since she lived with small children. Yes. They will always find something they shouldn’t be into. Always silence = BAD!
- You are super excited that your husband got off work early because… (Drum roll please….!) you have extra time to clean the house! Forget curling up with a good book or taking a bubble bath! With a 3-year old, 20 month old, two dogs and a cat, the prospect of later relaxing in a clean house is irresistible!
- You are elated to have a day that hubby is home and no plans because it means you finally get to… (You can do another drum roll if you would like!) shampoo the carpets! Seriously, that was my Black Friday celebration! All I could hear was the hum of the carpet cleaner for two hours! No fighting, screaming, begging or pleading! Just a continuous hum. It was a beautiful.
- You think it should be a national news headline when you fold a load of laundry and all of the socks match up! We had a Thanksgiving Week Miracle! I even found the missing sock. Crazy amazing!
Yeah, I have realized the past few days that I may need to get out of the house a little more and interact with someone older than 3. There is a whole world out there for me to rediscover! (And, it might be nice to understand what the rest of humanity is discussing!)